When most people think of Halloween, what comes to mind is one or more of the following: a spooky costume, ‘scream’ masks, blood, horror films, murder, – or on the milder side – trick-or-treating for kids, bonfires, or carving pumpkins.
A wedding is probably the last thing to cross your mind when you think of October 31st. But if you’re having an October wedding and aren’t settled on a theme, but want to try something a little bit different, then incorporating some of the Halloween decor ideas into your wedding may be just the thing to add that little bit of a twist to your celebrations.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at a few of these sweet ideas
1. To begin with, make sure your invitations are eye-catching. But not too scary…Cool wedding invitations will not let you down!
Alternative Wedding Food
2. A simple white wedding cake dotted with mini pumpkins will look quirky for sure!
3. How about this no ordinary alternative to a traditional cake?
4. Decorate your cupcakes with spider-webs!
5. How about some blood-glazed apples as appetizers?
6. Caramelised apples for dessert anyone?
7. Who doesn’t love a pumpkin spice latte? Keep your guest warm with this delicious drink!
Alternative wedding Attire
A Halloween-themed wedding is a perfect opportunity to add a little colour to your wedding attire
8. Get inspired by Ditta Von Teese’s, the Queen of Burlesque and wear a non-white dress. This J’Aton Couture dress is simply stunning – with a price tag to match!
9. To see more awesome photos and Halloween wedding ideas from this couple, check out The Frosted Petticoat Blog.
Feeling Rock n ’Roll?? Then check out RockNRoll Bride for more alternative inspiration!
10. For grooms, a Victorian steampunk style is one way to embrace the Halloween theme.
11. A pair of chic, sexy, black lace heels will make a real statement.
12. A noose tie around groom’s neck will grab everyone’s attention.
13. Black and orange striped socks is a great twist to the groomsmen outfits.
Quirky wedding table decor
14. Silver and gold painted pumpkins will add touch of glamour to your celebration!
15. Why not use pumpkin bowls and harvest flowers as centerpieces?!
16. Pumpkin tealight holders will make great table decor.
17. Blood red decor anyone….?
18. Make sure you have cool silverware!
You can get them at The Loose Goose on Etsy
Unique wedding favours
19. Give your guests edible wedding favours, they actually want to eat!
20. Last but not least, don’t forget about some original party favours!